Friday 24 February 2023

APPROACH TO THE TABERNACLE (IV)

 Within, an altar of acacia wood,

Covered in copper, burning offerings,

According to God's wishes, four-square, stood.


The One who could endure endured all things

To bring to God all things His heart desires,

With all the blessing for ourselves this brings.


What pleasure God the Father now acquires

Since Jesus has endured the fiercest fires.





A temporary exhibition in the Meadows, Edinburgh.
This was my way to school many years ago!


2 comments:

  1. Loved both the poem and the photos, David. I can only imagine seeing these statues on my way to school.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid they weren't there then, but I always felt that Arthur's Seat was a protective lion: see https://dcbverse.blogspot.com/2022/03/the-preamble.html

      Delete

I'm glad to hear how this strikes you!