Tuesday 10 January 2023

SONSHIP RUNES

i


God portrayed to me
His ideal in sonship:
The Son of His love.

ii

The Son displayed to me
What it was like to be
An only-begotten with a father.

iii

The Holy Spirit
- Within my heart -
Cried, “Abba Father”.

iv

God has worked that we
Should in sonship be
Associated with the Son of God.

v

In Gethsemane’s agonising
He breathed, “Abba Father”;
“Abba Father” is the cry of sons,
Inbreathed by the Holy Spirit.

vi

The sons glory in
The Father; while the Father
Glories in sonship.

vii

Every believer
Who has the Spirit is one
Of the sons of God. 
                                                   19-22/07/2018





South of Peebles, Scottish Borders



1 comment:

  1. Hi. Nice photos included. Nice poem. I went ahead and ordered a book through Lulu. I've been in a bit of a swirl of things. Of course, the UK has a lot of other issues that we're not dealing with over here. I'm trying to pray for my online friends around the world. (I'm on another social media platform with a somewhat disguised name, where I have a lot of African Lutheran friends.) Anyway, be blessed.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad to hear how this strikes you!