Thursday 12 May 2022

My Soul’s Sole Desire, by Hester Pulter

ARONS
Thou that didst on the 
chaos
 move,
Illustrious Spirit
 of life and love:
O, pity me,
And on my dark soul 
deign
 to shine;
Sin, Death, and Hell, will all resign
Their place to Thee.
Then shall my soul’s sad shades of night,
Be turned into 
meridian
 light,
Until my story
Begun below, goes on above
In joy, and life, being crowned by love
With endless glory.
Then those unknown celestial 
lays
,
Those hallelujahs to Thy praise,
I’ll ever sing;
And Thine immensity implore,
Thy majesty alone adore:
My God and King.






 A few more photos from walks near home:
Dryden Tower at top; and limekiln at Burdiehouse.

2 comments:

  1. "Thou that didst on the chaos move"

    He moves where He moves.
    Nothing can stop Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice (also the pictures)

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad to hear how this strikes you!