Saturday 29 August 2020

The Lord must lie in His appointed grave

 




The Lord must lie in His appointed grave,

But not the grave that man appointed Him;

When it was needed God let men behave

Evilly towards Christ, and all was grim

Through capture, jeering, beating, and the cross,

Where even His dead body was assailed;

Men could not bury Him with this world’s dross

For in the choice of grave God’s will prevailed.

 

So in His death the Lord was with the rich

Because He never did a violent deed,

Because no word of His trapped or abused;

His was a life of grace and glory which

Delighted God; but yet, to meet our need,

Jehovah willed that Jesus should be bruised.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, David for the beautiful, Bible-based poem and stunning photo. May God bless you and your ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David,
    beautiful pics and poem. I too in my onward journey with the Lord try to say to God, 'not my will but Your will', but would never have to go through what our Lord had to go through as I learn God's ways through that daily Word spoken to me.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad to hear how this strikes you!