Saturday 4 December 2010

PAST, FUTURE AND PRESENT

My past was dealt with in the work
    Of Jesus on the cross;
Now no sins mar, and no doubts lurk
    While gain replaces loss.

My future is to be with Him
    Among the saints in light;
No earthly saints or cherubim
    Have hopes that are so bright.

While for the present I have Christ
    As Model for my way,
And grace lest I should be enticed
    To dally or to stray.

Christ is my help if it should be
    I feel I cannot cope;
It is His face I long to see:
    He is my present Hope.

And I have Christ my Lord on high
    As Advocate and Priest,
And source of grace on whose supply
    I bountifully feast.

I have a place in Christ before
    The Father as a son;
The Spirit brings stupendous store
    Straight from the heavenly One.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad to hear how this strikes you!