Sunday 15 September 2024

BENAIAH

Into the den

Two foot-trails, lion and man.

Man's only outward.


One spear in the battle

An imposing Egyptian's; the staff-wielder

Turned it against him.


Thus Benaiah could lear

The runners,

And the king's guard.


Such a man would,

To a usurper,

Be a reject.


Such a man could be

Partner in action

To a priest and a prophet.


Such a man could partner

With a priest and prophet

To enthrone a king.


And in a fresh kingdom,

Freed from Joab's reproach,

Lead the king's host.


17 August 2024

Doha

I didn't want to be in Doha; my flight from Edinbugh to Doha was delayed, and I was stuck there for about eighteen hours.  








1 comment:

  1. Your poem is beautiful, and although waiting is frustrating, you certainly made good us of your time. I so enjoyed your photos, David.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad to hear how this strikes you!