Monday 10 December 2018

MY SOUL, MAGNIFY THE LORD JESUS CHRIST

My soul, magnify the Lord Jesus Christ,
For He has magnified His grace to you;
My spirit, give praise to the Lord Jesus
Since you say, “Lord Jesus” by His Spirit;
My heart, love the Lord Thy God completely
Because within you His love is broadcast;
My eyes, look stedfastly on Jesus
Since His own are the apple of His eye;
My feet, follow in the pathway of Christ
Since His feet took Him to the cross for you;
My hands, be diligent in the Lord’s work,
Remembering the hands once nailed to the cross;
My mind, be a mind of humility
Formed like the mind that was in Christ Jesus;
My body, still yourself on the altar
For your Saviour was sacrificed for you;
My soul, magnify the Lord Jesus Christ,
For He has magnified His grace to you!

4 comments:

  1. Great and nice words. Longing to be more like Him. Holy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this thoughtful and thought provoking prose. Thanks, David

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely words David. It is a prayer that I can say 'Amen' to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, when a brother speaks from the heart. Amen!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad to hear how this strikes you!