Sunday 10 December 2023

REDEMPTION



Between Bamburgh and Seahouses, and in Seahouses, Northumberland

My land was barren, and my sheep had fled,
My barn was ruined, and my wealth was spent,
My fences shattered, and my sheepdog dead:
The Landlord faithfully required his rent.
How could I pay a penny of my debt
From land my wandering sheep had churned to mud?
The Landlord's writ forbad me to forget
And showed the rental must be paid in blood.

And so I asked for Mercy. Mercy came
To help me plead, with her resplendent face.
And we were heard, although I had no claim,
While all my pleas evoked the help of Grace.

The Landlord gave me wealth that would suffice
For life, and told me He had paid the price.



2 comments:

  1. Yes, our Landlord gave us wealth beyond measure, David.
    The photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely poem David, and nice pics. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad to hear how this strikes you!