Thursday 5 October 2023

THE JOURNEY






Northumberland Coast, North England


If the lamb's blood around the door

Was answer to immediate need

God strengthened for what lay before:

They had the lamb on which to feed.

Christ has not only set me free

But been the food to nourish me.


God overwhelmed the Egyptians first

So that the victory was complete

Then satisfied His people's thirst

By water wood He showed made sweet.

Because Christ died to make me free

"Christ" sweetens what refreshes me.


Since the brass serpent held their gaze

Though serpent-bitten they could live

And reach soon, in Jehovah's ways,

The well He promised He would give.

Sin in the flesh has been condemned;

The Spirit's grace has been unstemmed.


The Jordan's flooding waters found

A force that they could not withstand,

And once they crossed it on dry ground

They ate the old corn of the land.

Christ and His cross have made me whole,

And Christ in glory feeds my soul.

2 comments:

  1. Indeed, David! Christ in glory does feed and refresh our souls. I'll hang onto that thought today.
    The photos are gorgeous, too.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja, that is so true: Christ and His cross have made me whole, and Christ in glory feeds my soul. Nice and "alle eer voor Hem!"

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad to hear how this strikes you!