Friday 23 November 2018

GENESIS 43: 11

What can I bring from pastures maimed by drought
As God afflicts creation for my sake?
Reaching for faith and, vanquishing the doubt
Which every day would dry my soul I take
From lands which are inordinately sunny,
A little balsam and a little honey.

Since my surrounding country is laid waste,
My flocks are failing and my herds decline
What can I bring to suit his royal taste
And nostrils through the sorrow that is mine?
A little fragrance, touching as I come,
Carrying tragacanth and ladanum.

Savour, refinement, fragrance: all are good
For that grand Lord and his sublime estate;
He has abundance for man's need of food
What could I give to one that is so great?
Going in faith, through this world's ifs and buts
I come with almonds and pistacia-nuts.


Coimbatore

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad to hear how this strikes you!