Sunday 10 May 2020

What is the path for us to go?

Path near Fala, Midlothian
I have been given a loan of the notebook of an old saint, now with Christ.  Among his notes is:

Thy Paths

O Lord, teach me thy paths:       Psalm 25: 4
Thy paths drop fatness:              Psalm 65: 11
Hold up my goings in thy paths: Psalm 17: 5

To this I have responded by some simple verse:

THY PATHS

Make me to know Thy ways,
O Lord; teach me Thy paths;
For if I roam from Thee my days
Will be sad aftermaths.

Thy goodness crowns the year:
Thy paths drop fatness, Lord;
And walking with Thee, in Thy fear,
i strike a happy chord.

From paths of evil men
- Because I hear Thy lips –
I keep, and Thou dost hold, and then
My footstep never slips.

3 comments:

  1. Amen. Walk in the paths of the LORD. His ways are everlasting and all His paths are peace. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful truth, beautifully expressed.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad to hear how this strikes you!