Thursday 29 December 2011

MARY

Why wife to a carpenter? Although
The royal blood pulsed, the rights
Of monarchy existed, you husband
Crafted in wood; each day's labour
Used energy, skill and mind. Nothing
Derived from you or him imbued
That Child of whom you were mother.
But it pleased God in His ways to choose
The ambience you both provided; righteousness
Of your unwilling‑to‑expose husband,
Subjection of your spirit, soul and body.
You observed perfection in childhood,
Pondered signs and growth, retained
Thoughts, memories and affection till
You could act as repository to His church.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dave! I'm not sure what this one is all about, but I like it anyway! In fact, I enjoy your writing and your perspective! I post your stuff now and then, hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary was big hero of faith, like Abraham, David, Noe, prophets... I want have this kind of faith, but I don't know if I'm so brave like her. Happy New Year for You!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad to hear how this strikes you!