Thursday 29 November 2018

BELOVED

Coming in to do God's will,
Before any deed was accomplished, He was
Beloved of Jehovah.

What was the Father's joy
To acclaim at the river or mountain,
"My beloved Son"!

And what His joy to take us
- Redemption being accomplished -
Into favour in the Beloved.

And the Spirit could designate
An assembly in God the Father
As "beloved of God".

Acacia wood endures.
Daniel purposed, prayed and prospered
To become "one greatly beloved".

Where Demas turned, all
Departed, there with Paul was
Luke. the beloved physician.

Leaning on Christ's bosom;
Enquiring, following, alert
To being loved
John remains to the end.

Old Bowenpally, 13/11/2018

2 comments:

  1. Good verse. Are you still in India? Are the towns, which are referenced at the bottom of each post, where they were written?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am safely returned. I believe that the Lord blessed the time. I wrote the poems when out there. I've started putting photos on https://dcbindia.blogspot.com/

      Delete

I'm glad to hear how this strikes you!