Thursday 9 January 2014

LAND

I have glimpsed God’s land of promise which no taint of sin can blight,
I am suited by the Father to that place of saints in light,
By the Spirit I am strengthened and by Christ I am allured
To make progress to the portion which transcendent love secured.

I am fed on Christ who humbly once descended from above,
On His suffering and dying in infinitude of love,
On the Lord in resurrection as presented to His own,
And on Him, God’s well-beloved, who is on the Father’s throne.

When established in the fulness of His death for me I stand
In the dignity of sonship, in the finest of the land;
As complete in Christ and drawing from Him as my only root
I may rest in satisfaction - God will gain abundant fruit.


1 comment:

  1. O to be in God’s land of promise
    which no taint of sin can blight,

    What a glorious homecoming that will be!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad to hear how this strikes you!