Tuesday 10 September 2013

RISEN

I can’t believe it,
Said the soldier.
All this cash for not telling the truth
When the truth is
I was too scared to know what was happening!

I quite believe it,
Said the priest.
Quash it, lie, bribe
Anything so long as
We don’t have that man to rein over us!

He is not here,
Said the young man in white.
Behold the place
Where they had put him.

Do we believe it?
Asked the women.
And what is there for us to believe?
We are seized by fear and questions.

I believe,
Said the beloved disciple.
For the tomb was orderly,
All distinctiveness, as
He would have left it.

He is risen,
Said Mary.
I have seen him:
He spoke of His Father
As our Father, of His God
As our God.

Now I believe,
Said the doubter Thomas.
Not merely as a believer.
He has made me a worshipper -
My Lord and My God!

3 comments:

  1. Praising the Lord that He is risen indeed! It's the only reason we have hope! It's such wonderful news! Blessings, Camille

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad to hear how this strikes you!