Thursday 28 October 2010

SHEPHERD

Being no hireling He did not run away
And by His love, because He kept the faith
The mauling wolf was finally outfaced;
What was the cost? The Shepherd has been slain:
The sword of God against Him was awake.
Risen He works, showing the young His care,
Healing the sick, pursuing those who stray,
Leading the healthy where they may safely graze.
Lord, help me, as Thy sheep, discriminate
Thy Shepherd voice from voices that are strange;
Guide my thrawn feet far from iniquity
Into the flock of those enjoying grace.


"Thrawn; twisted: wry: cross-grained, perverse" according to the dictionary. Sometimes I need a Scots word to express myself properly.


The blog will be under other management for the next ten days as my wife and I take a trip to Andhra Pradesh to see our Christian friends there. Pray for us!

2 comments:

  1. He will guide your steps
    and orchestrate your journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely poem. May your trip be well-guided.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad to hear how this strikes you!