Thursday 23 April 2009

GOD SPEAKING

Extruding into the darkness
God introduced Himself with the word:
“Let there be light!”

Satisfied with the good earth,
Arena of His operations, He said,
“Let us make man”.

In a world where sin rampaged
On a long tether
God told His servant
“I am Thy shield”.

And reassured another,
“I AM THAT I AM”
And “ I am Jehovah”.

But all moved to that day
When He said from an open heaven,
“This is my beloved Son”.

From that time
The character of God’s speaking
Has been speaking in Son.

But for us to hear this meant
That Christ’s great cry - “My God,
Why hast Thou forsaken Me?”
Went unheard.

Risen he divulged this secret:
“My Father and your Father”.

We wait in patience - as does God -
Till the time of that termination:
“Behold, I make all things new”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad to hear how this strikes you!